Wednesday 6 February 2008

Veggies and Herbs

So this is a bit of a story of two episodes.

It's been pouring with rain here for the last week, but we've been wanting to get some herbs in so Noah and I got to work :)
After my second 'hideous-spider encounter' for the week we dug our little garden bed. This is just beneath our kitchen window (not in the communal veggie patch).

It started to rain as I popped our new little friends into the ground so Noah had to sit the final stage out. But he came back to see how I'd done... He's rather fond of that little hoe, too.

Chives, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Coriander, and (still to be planted) Italian Parsley. I'll give them a chance to get cosy yet before I sample their wares.

Episode two: Veggies from seed. It started with a trip to the local garden centre and thankfully they have lions there. Lions, cockatoos, coffee...
...and seeds, of course. We're planning on putting the peas along the lattice in our backyard. The others will go in the veggie patch (except the tomatoes).

No comments: