Friday 27 February 2009

Cinderella, playing in the ashes

I think I'm in the groove of my college routine now. Long days, yes, but generally the early start is enjoyed reading a book in a nice spot (a café, Nick's place, Suds' place, a park). That's after a bike ride, of course.


The real reason I wanted to make this post was to tell you something that one of my dear lecturers said today. I'm not even sure I understand it.

It's kindof a Cinderella discipline. You're playing in the ashes, by the fire place. But there's a pumpkin outside and a fairy god-mother on the way.

I think the discipline he was talking about is the study of the structure and argument of 1 Corinthians. (i.e. No one's come up with much to-date, but the whole discussion might come and steal the show, reshaping the way we read the letter...) I dunno. But I loved the little picture he painted.

I also love Baklava from just down the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin line was one of the more beautiful and bizarre things I have every heard in a lecture. And that's saying something at MTC.

Bernard said...

On a slightly less poetic note, I also loved B-Ros completing his 'shooting from the hip' moves with a gentle puff across the end of the barrel. Classic.