Monday 30 November 2009

Some Sad Farewells

Over the last week or so there have been lots of goodbyes. Different people say their goodbyes differently. Some cry, some try to slink away quietly. I think I'm a "celebrate, say nice things, then don't look back" kinda guy.

I've felt really loved and supported by so many friends up here as we've undertaken our move home. Suds devoted an afternoon to hanging with me yesterday. A raft of people shared breakfast with me this morning. The Wrights have said "Yes" to every single favour we've asked of them and more. I think Sparky probably holds the most-hugged award, although Pete's a close second. The boys at Shenkin were their usual exuberant selves as they wished us well.



So many good memories.

1 comment:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I'm sure it's hard to say goodbye, but just think of all the hellos you'll get to say in a few days' time! Safe travels, Bernie.